Raffle Terms & Conditions:
1. The ECOPA Education & Safety Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”) will give away a 1967 Cessna 150, N7128S (Or Reasonably Equivalent Airplane). Raffle tickets for this fundraising raffle are available for $50.00 (U.S.) donation each. Packages of 5 tickets will be sold for $200.00 (U.S.). The ECOPA is a 501(c)(3) organization.
2. No more than 4,000 tickets will be sold. Tickets will be issued with a discrete number. The actual ticket number will be emailed to the email address provided by the purchaser. The Foundation is not responsible for any lost or misdirected email. If you do not receive your raffle ticket(s) via email within 24 hours of purchase, you should call 330-353-2397. The Foundation will begin the sale of raffle tickets for this event at 9:00AM EST on January 15, 2020. Ticket sales will cease when 4,000 tickets have been sold or at 1:00 AM on April 4, 2020, whichever occurs first. In the event anyone buys a ticket after the 4,000 allocated tickets have been sold, such purchase will be refunded.
3. Purchasers must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
4. The winner will be announced on April 4, 2020, or before, subject to the progress of ticket sales (See also Line Item #7 below). The Foundation will give the airplane to the holder of a raffle ticket selected randomly. The winning ticket will be physically drawn from all sold tickets. The winning ticket holder does not need to be present to win; however, confirmation of the winner’s identification will be required to claim the prize.
5. Tickets may be purchased online at ecopapilot.com within the United States where permitted by law. It is each purchaser’s responsibility to ensure it is legal in the purchaser’s state to participate in this raffle, and individual purchasers represent to the Foundation it is legal to accept the ticket via email.
6. The airplane has a current Annual. Should the airplane described for this raffle be damaged, destroyed or develop mechanical problems and be in a condition determined, in the discretion of the Foundation, that is not feasible to repair, the Foundation will give away a reasonably equivalent airplane.
7. If fewer than 2500 raffle tickets are sold by 12:59 AM on April 4, 2020, the Foundation reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the ticket sales deadline until such time that a minimum of 2500 tickets have been sold.
8. The prize can be transferred to anyone located in the 48 contiguous states of the USA, at the election of the winner.
9. The prize is expressly conditioned upon the holder of the winning ticket executing an acceptance agreement and liability waiver with the Foundation, and this raffle is subject to the terms of such legal document.
10. The prize is expressly conditioned on compliance with all applicable laws, including the payment by the winner of federal income tax based upon the value of the airplane at the time of transfer. The value of the airplane is $24,000.00. There is no cash option. All additional tax consequences of accepting the airplane are the sole responsibility of the winner.
11. Should the winner decline to accept the airplane, or if the winner cannot be located through the contact information he/she provided, another ticket will be selected randomly until a winning ticket holder accepts and takes possession of the airplane.
12. The airplane will be transferred to the winner at Akron Fulton International Airport-Akron, Ohio, following the winner’s acceptance of the airplane. The prize is to be picked up by the winner within 60 days of the drawing. The Foundation will store the airplane for 60 days. Upon delivery of the prize, responsibility for any risk of loss associated with the airplane, as well any insurance, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
13. The Foundation reserves the right to use the winner’s name and likeness in publicity and marketing materials, including but not limited to, media releases, the ECOPA’s website, brochures and other promotions.
14. These official raffle terms and conditions are subject to the interpretation of the Foundation. The raffle is not valid outside of the USA and otherwise VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This raffle is open to the general public, however, Board Members of the ECOPA are excluded from participation.