Raffle Terms & Conditions:
1. The ECOPA Education & Safety Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”) will give away a 1972 Grumman Traveler AA-5, N9505L (Or Reasonably Equivalent Airplane). Raffle tickets for this fundraising raffle are available for $75.00 (U.S.) donation each. Packages of 3 tickets will be sold for $195.00 (U.S.). The Foundation is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
2. No more than 4,000 tickets will be sold. Tickets will be issued with a discrete number. The actual ticket number will be emailed to the email address provided by the purchaser. The Foundation is not responsible for any lost or misdirected email. If you do not receive your raffle ticket(s) via email within 24 hours of purchase, you should call 330-353-2397. The Foundation will begin the sale of raffle tickets for this event at 8:00 AM EST on April 17, 2021. Ticket sales will cease when 4,000 tickets have been sold or at 11:00 PM on June 21, 2021, unless extended, whichever occurs first. In the event anyone buys a ticket after the 4,000 allocated tickets have been sold, such purchase will be refunded. Except for refunding the purchase, we are not responsible if your purchase cannot be processed because we have already sold 4000 tickets or if your payment arrives after 4000 tickets have been sold or your payment arrives after the deadline for purchase.
3. Purchasers must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
4. The winners will be announced on or about July 17, 2021 subject to the progress of ticket sales as outlined in Line Item #2 above. The Foundation will give each prize to the holder of a raffle ticket selected randomly. The winning tickets will be drawn from all sold tickets at Airspace Place located at 1496 Triplett Boulevard Akron, Ohio 44306 (On the Grounds of Akron-Fulton International Airport – KAKR). The winning ticket holder does not need to be present to win; however, confirmation of the winner’s identification will be required to claim the prize. The location, date and time will also be posted on our website: ecopapilot.com. You are welcome to come and observe the drawing which will be conducted by the independent accounting firm of Maloney + Novotny, LLC.
5. Tickets can only be purchased online at ecopapilot.com within the United States where permitted by law. It is each purchaser’s responsibility to ensure it is legal in the purchaser’s state to participate in this raffle, and individual purchasers represent to the Foundation it is legal to accept the ticket via email. This raffle is being conducted and governed pursuant to Ohio laws. All tickets are considered sold in Ohio when purchased. By purchasing a ticket, each participant agrees to be bound by and adhere to the Terms and Conditions contained herein. A ticket is “sold” for purposes of calculating the number of tickets sold when the Foundation receives full payment for that ticket.
6. Should the airplane described for this raffle be damaged, destroyed or develop mechanical problems and be in a condition determined, in the discretion of the Foundation, that is not feasible to repair, the Foundation will give away a reasonably equivalent airplane. The Foundation makes no warranties or representations regarding the airplane being raffled other than those contained herein. The winner of the aircraft has the right to inspect the airplane to determine its suitability and airworthiness prior to accepting it.
7. The prize can be transferred to anyone located in the 48 contiguous states of the USA, at the election of the winner.
8. The Grand Prize is expressly conditioned upon the holder of the winning ticket executing an acceptance agreement and liability waiver with the Foundation, and this raffle is subject to the terms of such legal document. The winner is solely responsible for all taxes (Federal, State and Local if any) as well as registration, insurance and other expenses incurred with claiming this prize. Appropriate reporting forms to the winner, IRS and Ohio will be provided. The winner must also complete the FAA Registration Application, IRS Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification and IRS Form 5754, if applicable. The winner will receive an IRS Form W-2G from the Foundation for the calendar year the prize is awarded for the total value of the prize as identified in these Terms and Conditions. If the winner chooses to forfeit their prize, they must do so prior to taking possession. The IRS requires the Foundation to collect a withholding tax for non-cash prizes whose value exceeds $5,000.00 after deducting the cost of the winner’s ticket. The winner will therefore be required to submit payment to the Foundation for this withholding tax in the amount of 24% of the stated prize value prior to taking possession, or as updated by IRS rules.
9. Prizes (Prizes will be drawn in the order listed below)
a. The GRAND PRIZE is a 1972 Grumman (American Aviation) AA5 Traveler with a current annual, Tach/Total time of 1840, Lycoming 0-320-E2G engine with 493 Hours SMOH with Precision Engine 160 HP STC upgrade. (1) Garmin GTN 650Xi GPS/NAV/COMM/MFD, (1) Garmin G5 Attitude Indicator, (1) Garmin G5 HSI, (1) TKM MX11 Transceiver, Narco Nav122 VOR/LOC/Glideslope Indicator, Narco AT165 Transponder, Garmin GDL82 ADS-B Out, Garmin Aera 660 GPS/MFD, Garmin 342 Audio Panel/IC, Stratus USB port, Century 1 Autopilot, 406 ELT with remote switch, Rear windows in fuselage replaced in 2020, 4 place seat belts with shoulder restraints, Leather Yokes with PTT in each and Rosen Sun Visors (Upholstery and panels completed in 2018). This airplane is IFR Certified and is perfect for your IFR Cross-country trips! Participants are welcome to view the airplane in the hangar located at Akron-Fulton International Airport (KAKR). Anyone who desires to view the aircraft in person should email their request to email@example.com, Attn: Raffle Committee. This prize is expressly conditioned on compliance with all applicable laws, including the payment by the winner of federal income tax based upon the value of the airplane at the time of transfer. The estimated value of the airplane is $55,000.00. There is no cash option. All tax consequences of accepting the airplane are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Foundation will provide an FAA Airworthiness Certificate, all log books, Bill of Sale, and applicable IRS forms to the winner.
b. SECOND PRIZE is a $2500 Scholarship toward your Private Pilot Certificate or another Advanced Aviation Rating at an FAA approved flight school/instructor of your choice.
c. THIRD PRIZE is a Bose A20 Headset with Bluetooth (Winner to specify desired plug configuration)
d. FOURTH PRIZE is an 11-inch iPad with Wi-Fi and cellular capability, a Stratus 3 ADS-B Receiver, and 1-yr subscription to Foreflight Pro-Plus (Cellular Service is not included)
e. FIFTH PRIZE is a PJ2 Handheld COM Radio
10. Winners will be notified by phone, email, and/ or mail. Winners will also be posted on our website at ecopapilot.com for viewing by all raffle participants. A winner will be disqualified if they cannot be reached after reasonable effort, are determined to be ineligible, or cannot/do not comply with these Terms and Conditions. The Foundation will have made reasonable effort to reach a winner if it has made at least two (2) documented attempts to contact the winner via phone or by the email address provided at the time of ticket purchase. Should the winner be disqualified or decline to accept their prize, another ticket will be selected randomly until a winning ticket holder accepts and takes possession of the respective prize.
11. The airplane will be transferred to the winner at Akron Fulton International Airport-Akron, Ohio, following the winner’s acceptance of the airplane. The prize is to be picked up by the winner within 30 days of the drawing. The Foundation will store the airplane for 30 days. Upon delivery of the prize, responsibility for any risk of loss associated with the airplane, as well any insurance, is the sole responsibility of the winner. All other prizes will be shipped to their respective winners. Prior to shipment each winner must return their IRS W-9 Form and confirm an address for shipment.
12. The Foundation reserves the right to use the winner’s name and likeness in publicity and marketing materials, including but not limited to, media releases, the ECOPA’s website, brochures and other promotions.
13. These official raffle terms and conditions are subject to the interpretation of the Foundation. The raffle is not valid outside of the USA and otherwise VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This raffle is open to the general public, however, Board Members of the ECOPA and their immediate families are excluded from participation. A raffle entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any claim against the Foundation arising out of ticket sales or the conduct of the raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price of their ticket.
14. By entering this raffle, each entrant releases the Foundation, its directors and officers from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) resulting from or cause by participating in the raffle or by winning any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold the Foundation harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind resulting or arising from, in connection with participating in the raffle or the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. In no event shall the Foundation, its directors and officers be liable for any losses or damages of any kind, including death or injury relating to or from participation in the raffle or the use of any prize even if such losses or damages results from or is caused or contributed to by the fault or negligence of the Foundation, its officers and directors.